Auto Accident Houston
What do I do if I’ve been in an accident?
If you have had the misfortune of being in an auto accident, there are a few steps that will help you minimize your stress and discomfort:
- Once it is safe to do so, move all involved vehicles out of traffic.
- Make sure that the ignition is turned off on all vehicles involved.
- Look around to see if anyone is injured or needs medical assistance.
Try to avoid moving any injured motorists as it might worsen the injury.
- Dial 911 for any injured accident members.
- Gather names of all the individuals involved in the accident and any witnesses.
- Attempt to draw a diagram of where the vehicles were and direction of travel, along with the date and time of the accident.
- Be cautious not to discuss any “fault” about the accident to anyone but the police.
- Exchange insurance information and notify your insurance company immediately.