Uptown Collision Center FAQ’s
What do I do if I’ve been in an accident?
If you have had the misfortune of being in an auto accident, there are a few steps that will help you minimize your stress and discomfort:
- Once it is safe to do so, move all involved vehicles out of traffic.
- Make sure that the ignition is turned off on all vehicles involved.
- Look around to see if anyone is injured or needs medical assistance. Try to avoid moving any injured motorists as it might worsen the injury.
- Dial 911 for any injured accident members.
- Gather names of all the individuals involved in the accident and any witnesses.
- Attempt to draw a diagram of where the vehicles were and direction of travel, along with the date and time of the accident.
- Be cautious not to discuss any “fault” about the accident to anyone but the police.
- Exchange insurance information and notify your insurance company immediately.
What is the collision repair process of my vehicle?
At Uptown Collision, we want to make sure that we help alleviate stress associated with your auto accident. Our goal is to expedite the vehicle repair process to ensure that you are on your way in your repaired vehicle as soon as possible. To ensure this, we have grown our repair process to include:
- One of our trained service technicians will provide you with a written estimate and description of the repairs. We will also help arrange a rental vehicle for you, if needed.
- Our impressive customer service staff will help keep you informed about the progress of your vehicle through all stages of the repair process.
- Once your vehicle repair is completed, we will quality check the entire vehicle to ensure that you we are completely satisfied with the job done. At Uptown Collision, we guarantee all of our work and protect you with lifetime warranty on all performed collision work.
How soon will I get my car back?
The amount of time your car will spend getting repaired depends on the extent of damages to it. Our goal at Uptown Collision is to get you back on the road as quickly as possible.
Should I pay for an accident repair myself or let my insurance company handle it?
This will depend on the extent of damages, but more and more people are paying for minor accident repairs “out of pocket”. Stop by Uptown Collision and speak with one of our specialists to discuss your options.
If my vehicle’s frame is damaged, is it a total loss?
Not necessarily. A total loss only occurs when the price of the repairs exceeds the insurance company’s value of your vehicle. Depending on the age of the vehicle, most frames can be replaced by highly skilled technicians and state-of-the-art systems like the one we have at Uptown Collision.
Why can’t I get an estimate over the phone?
Every vehicle is different so without seeing your car and its damages, we cannot provide an accurate estimate. When you bring your vehicle in, we will help you select the right service based on your needs and budget.
Can I change the vehicle’s color?
Yes, you can change your vehicle’s color but in most cases keeping your current color is recommended. Painting additional parts with a new color will add to your cost.
Can you match the paint color exactly?
Our expert technicians take great pride in their work and ability to match finishes. Speak to one of our expert paint technicians about any concerns you might have.
Can I get a ride home when I drop off my car?
Our shuttle service will happily take you to your destination. Our goal is to help alleviate your stress!
How can I get a rental car?
Uptown Collision can help pre-arrange a rental car for you. Insurance companies will only pay for a rental car if you have that option on your policy. We can call the insurance company and help find out if you have the coverage and any necessary limitations.
How will I know when my car is done?
We will notify you immediately when your car is ready. Feel free to call or email your specialist during the repair process if you have any questions or concerns.